Can I put my child on my shares?

Only adults can be owners. UHAB recommends you do two things in prep for buying. First:  make a will immediately. You can gift or give your shares to whomever you want. If that person is not a resident in your unit, the Board will be able to also give that person a proprietary lease–allowing for occupancy–if that person is income eligible. Second: if you have an adult child, consider buying together (total household income and residency requirements apply). If you have a minor child in the unit with you, you can ask the Board to add him/her once the child comes of age.