Training for affordability since the 1970s.
Free and open trainings for affordable co-op residents almost every weeknight. Now online.
Trainings can help you strengthen your building while keeping costs down. Our trainings give co-op residents the tools to manage, govern, and maintain their own buildings. Classes cover financial management, property management, resources for buildings in trouble, maintaining the affordability of your building, meeting your corporate and regulatory requirements, and much more.
Our classes are now online. If you’re unfamiliar with GoToWebinar or Zoom or want assistance getting set up, give us a call at (212) 479-3346.
If you attend eight classes you are eligible for a certificate. Please request one from Ken Soto, Asst. Director of Training at firstname.lastname@example.org; (212) 479-3375.
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sus Elecciones Anuales
508 W 139th St
508, West 139th Street, New York, New York, 10031, United States
Únase a nosotros para discutir la implementación de unas elecciones fluidas y sin controversias. Revisaremos la importancia de tener avisos adecuados, pautas electorales anuales, herramientas de gobierno para las…Register
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Operation & Maintenance Training: Common Systems
Proper air sealing techniques and ventilation system maintenance activities are essential to increase your energy efficiency, durability, occupant comfort and indoor air quality. We review opportunities for air sealing,…Register
Why we train:
- So co-op board members and residents can learn what they need to know—when they need to know it—for the health of their co-op
- So tenants in rentals converting to co-ops can develop and practice skills to prepare them to be co-op residents
- To empower future leaders in current and new co-ops, through increased resident engagement both inside and outside of their co-op
Who we train:
- Co-op shareholders, members, and boards in New York City and across the US
- Tenants in New York City buildings in a co-op conversion who have a training milestone requirement
- Any third party involved in affordable co-op creation, by request
- Residents becoming shareholders on behalf of developers creating co-ops
We believe adults learn best by doing. Our training methods are participatory, collaborative, and engaging.
Attend eight trainings and get a certificate!
What shareholders are saying:
“I just want to say you guys are fantastic. You two when you are doing the webinar your connection is so strong we forget we are even on a webinar. You guys go above and beyond the webinar, we feel the warmness from you both. We appreciate the information and how professional you are in what you do, thank you!”Janilton, HDFC co-op shareholder
“These trainings are very beneficial and useful. It has given us different things to consider and understand.”Antoinette, HDFC co-op shareholder
“In my opinion you should continue to offer online courses even after we can have large gatherings again.”Steve, HDFC co-op shareholder